Extreme Networks: Network Portfolio Review
Extreme networks works to provide products that provide businesses with cloud-based networking solutions.
As businesses produce and depend on more data, networking is the essential backbone of how computers and data are linked to share data. Extreme Networks is an industry leader using a range of technologies to design and support modern networks: pushing the boundaries of technology by harnessing the powers of machine learning (ML), artificial intelligence (AI)analytics and automation.
“We are committed to doing more to protect and improve the quality of life of our… customers, partners,” says Ed MeyercordPresident and CEO, Extreme Networks.
See below for all about Extreme Networks and where they fit in the network space:
Extreme Networks Review
Extreme Networks and the networking market
The networking market has grown in many subsectors, including both software-defined networking (SDN) and cloud-based networking.
The global SDN market is estimated at $18.5 billion in 2022 and $36.2 billion by 2026, according to StrategyR.
Global Cloud-Based Networking Market was valued at USD 3.32 Billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 14.61 Billion by 2027, according to Fortune Business Insights.
In fiscal 2021, Extreme Networks net revenue exceeded $1 billion, up 6% year-over-year.
“We have seen tremendous opportunity and growth in wired and wireless managed cloud networking says Will Hopson, senior territory manager at Extreme Networks.
In Extreme Networks 2021 Annual Reportthe company points out that with cloud-based networking and automation, network administrators can tailor how they deliver “productivity, availability, accessibility, manageability, security, and speed, whatever the distribution of the network”.
For more: Major Enterprise 5G Networks
Extreme Networks network portfolio
Extreme Network offers a network product line in their application, wireless, switch and router portfolios:
- Extreme applications: adds visibility, control, and actionable insights, with security and user experience in mind
- Management and automation
- ExtremeCloud Device
- Information and analysis
- session director
- Extreme location
- Visibility Manager
- Security and access control
- Extreme IoT
- Extreme compliance
- Management and automation
- ExtremeWireless: artificial intelligence (AI) powered cloud and on-premises solutions for enterprises
- Extreme switching: to change end-to-end products for a network foundation
- Fabric Connect enabled
- extended edge
- Extreme Routing: fast and scalable routers for enterprises, data centers and service providers
- XR Series
- Reduced security risk: with network hyper-segmentation
- Increase in savings: Extreme Networks reports up to 10% savings on traditional network infrastructure, operations and administration
- Improved support and troubleshooting: Extreme reports that 94% of Extreme customer support calls are resolved by the network specialist who answers the call and co-locates support with engineering
- Enhanced Network Intelligence: thanks to the possibility of having a 360-degree view of the network, users, devices and applications
- Use the latest software: Universal hardware platforms allow customers to scale deployment models by modifying software while using existing hardware
Hotel Casino Jackpot Junction in Minnesota needed network management for its wireless networks and devices that were secure and compliant with gaming regulations. With the risk of outages and downtime, Jackpot Junction’s IT team had to keep the casino running.
Nick Potter, IT Director, was aware that the casino needed a new approach to managing its network, including the need to automate processes and visibility into their pain points to help the IT team manage the network demand and support customer services.
Potter decided that Extreme Networks could help solve their problem. Adding the network management solution increases network availability and allows the casino to track initiatives, including self-service guest kiosks. By future-proofing the latest gaming devices, staff also gained easier access to tablets in the hotel and restaurant.
Extreme’s Jackpot Junction network solution included ExtremeSwitching, FabricConnect and ExtremeCloud IQ.
“It’s just kind of magical how you move a device and the Fabric recognizes it and routes it,” Potter says.
The implementation of Jackpot Junction networking by Extreme Networks has also allowed the casino to support the nearby Lower Sioux Native American community through networking, including secure high-speed connectivity for their government buildings, their community center and their health care facility.
- Role-Based Dynamic Strategies: support a scalable policy mechanism on wired and wireless devices for users, devices, and applications through the network
- Application Hosting: run embedded applications alongside the switch’s operating system (OS), without affecting performance; provide network insights through on-board analytics applications; enable new network applications without the need for a separate hardware device
- Information based on artificial intelligence (AI) / machine learning (ML): continuous integration with ExtremeCloud IQ, provides the ability to fine-tune the network, before issues impact service
- Innovation: new networking ideas from the company, according to various customers
For more: Top 5 Private 5G Trends
Users give mostly positive reviews to several Extreme Networks products, which are partly AI-driven:
VCS fabric architecture
Gartner Peer Perspectives: 4.6 out of 5
ExtremeSwitching 5420 Series
Gartner Peer Perspectives: 4.7 out of 5
G2: 4 out of 5
PeerSpot: 4.1 out of 5
ExtremeCloud IQ Site Engine
Gartner Peer Perspectives: 4.7 out of 5
G2: 3.9 out of 5
PeerSpot: 4.3 out of 5
Extreme Network Industry Recognition
- CRN 2021 “Top 10 Coolest New Networking Products”: due to a subsection of their ExtremeCloud IQ platform called ExtremeCoPilot
- CRN 2022 “Data Center 50”: one of the key players in the data center market.
Extreme Networks helps companies establish their networks at the software level as well as at the hardware level with switches and routers. With reported benefits such as reduced security risk and network-based cost savings, Extreme Network is a leading player in the growing networking market.
“Our world depends on technology more than ever, and as a technology company, it’s our job to make sure we have a positive impact,” said Katy Motiey, executive director and chief sustainability officer at Extreme Networks.
A company looking for networking solutions to build or upgrade a network can consider Extreme Networks as a vendor with targeted options.
For more products: NordLayer: Network Security Review